Indiana’s season ended on Thursday with a 64-54 loss to Illinois in the opening round of the NCAA tournament.
Podcast on the Brink is back with host Jerod Morris of The Assembly Call to dissect how an IU team ranked No. 24 in the preseason could miss out on postseason play entirely. Morris is joined by Zach Osterman, the Indiana beat writer for The Indianapolis Star, to discuss a variety of topics, including:
· Next season’s non-conference schedule · Noah Vonleh’s future · Indiana’s outlook for the 2014-2015 season
Podcast on the Brink returns with Indiana legend Jordan Hulls to reflect on his career at IU and also to offer some thoughts on this year’s team in Bloomington.
Hulls, who is playing professionally in Poland, joins host Jerod Morris of The Assembly Call and gives his take on a variety of topics, including:
· Indiana’s win on Sunday over Ohio State · What he misses most about playing at Indiana · What makes Will Sheehey such a special teammate and player · Why Tom Crean is so good developing players · Whether he could beat Noah Vonleh in a 3-point contest
· What IU fans can reasonably expect from this squad moving forward · The offensive development of Noah Vonleh · Tom Crean’s decision to bring Hanner Mosquera-Perea back · Whether or not any fractures are showing in IU’s togetherness
Podcast on the Brink returns for a second episode this week with hall of fame broadcaster Don Fischer, the voice of the Hoosiers for 41 years and counting.
Fischer joins host Jerod Morris of The Assembly Call and gives his take on IU’s turbulent week including the losses to Penn State and Purdue as well as Tuesday’s events at Assembly Hall that forced a postponement of the game with Iowa.
Also discussed on the episode:
· The year-to-year improvement of sophomore Yogi Ferrell · How this IU team compares to other young teams in the program’s past · Where Noah Vonleh ranks among the top freshmen to play at IU · An update on Royce Waltman
Adding some more turbulence to an already rough week, a piece of metal facing fell from the Assembly Hall roof on Tuesday, causing the cancelation of IU’s game against Iowa … but luckily causing no bodily harm.
Among the topics discussed on this special edition:
· Tuesday’s press conference and Indiana’s response to the incident · The decision to renovate rather than rebuild Assembly Hall · IU’s decision not to make up the Iowa game at Bankers Life Fieldhouse · How the postponement could affect IU on the court
· Indiana’s defensive improvement as the Big Ten season moves along · The IU players who have exceeded expectations and those who have under-performed · The play and development of Hanner Mosquera-Perea and Jeremy Hollowell · The impact of the Marcus Smart incident on college basketball · How Indiana needs to finish up to consider the season a success
After a long hiatus (also known as post-Sweet 16 depression) Podcast on the Brink is back to talk about Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller’s decisions to go pro and recap the year that was for the Hoosiers.
Co-hosts Matt Dollinger and Justin Albers are joined by Indy Star columnist Bob Kravitz to discuss Oladipo and Zeller’s prospects in the NBA as well as Indiana’s season-ending loss to Syracuse.
Among the other topics discussed this week:
· Indiana’s projected starting lineup for next season · Who will make the better pro: Oladipo or Zeller? · Was this year ultimately a disappointment for IU? · What went wrong against Syracuse in the Sweet 16 · Yogi Ferrell, Will Sheehey, Hanner Mosquera-Perea next year