If there was any question whether Indiana deserved its No. 1 ranking, last night answered with a resounding “yes.” The Hoosiers dominated the Tar Heels in every facet of the game, utilizing their deep, talented roster to cruise 83-59 at Assembly Hall.
To break down IU’s win last night, ESPN.com’s Eammon Brennan joins hosts Matt Dollinger and Greg Rosenstein on this week’s show. The group also examined IU’s outlook the rest of the season and what questions still remain as Big Ten play approaches.
Among the topics discussed on today’s show:
· Cody Zeller and Jordy Hulls’ dominance against the Tar Heels · The continued improvement of Victor Oladipo and Will Sheehey · Christian Watford’s role and his ongoing struggle with consistency · How Indiana would fare in a dream matchup against Duke · Potential problems against Butler and other future opponents
It’s the matchup Hoosiers fans have been waiting for. No. 1 Indiana hosting No. 13 North Carolina. Cody Zeller vs. James Michael McAdoo. Yogi Ferrell vs. Marcus Paige. Tom Crean v. Roy Williams.
To examine Tuesday’s night marquee clash in the Big Ten-ACC Challenge, Zachary Osterman of 247 Sports and Inside Indiana joins Podcast on the Brink hosts Matt Dollinger and Greg Rosenstein to break down the game. The group also looks back at the Legends Classic in Brooklyn and Sunday night’s romp against Ball State.
Among the other topics discussed in this week’s show:
· Jordan Hulls’ emergence and evolution so far this season · The most intriguing match-ups in Tuesday night’s game · Who Christian Watford should guard on North Carolina · X-Factors and IU’s most critical players against the Heels · What the Hoosiers must do to slow down McAdoo and Co. · Jeremy Hollowell’s progression early in his freshman year
So tune in and enjoy. As always, feel free to drop us a note at email@example.com. We’ll be back on Wednesday with another show to recap Tuesday night’s showdown.
· A closer look at IU’s current scholarship situation · Impact of the 2013 signees, including Noah Vonleh · Which 2014 recruits the Hoosiers are pursuing hardest · Impressions on the Hoosiers after the first two games · Christian Watford’s battle with inconsistency · Previewing the Legends Classic in Brooklyn next week
Another season is upon us, and so, too, is another controversy.
Just days before IU is set to take on Bryant in the regular-season opener, the NCAA handed down nine-game suspensions to freshmen Hanner Mosquera-Perea and Peter Jurkin for taking “impermissible benefits” from A-HOPE founder and Indiana Elite coach Mark Adams, who was deemed an IU booster.
· Why the nine-game suspensions occurred · What the decision means for IU’s future relationship with Mark
Adams and the A-HOPE program · How both Mosquera-Perea and Jurkin can pay their fines · The likelihood of IU winning an appeal with the NCAA · Impact on the Hoosiers’ frontcourt for the first nine games of the season · The handling of the Mosquera-Perea/Jurkin case by IU’s compliance staff in the wake of Kelvin Sampson
Wonder what it was like to be a recruit at Hoosier Hysteria? We’ve got you covered.
Podcast on the Brink is back this week with IU class of 2014 recruit James Blackmon Jr., who discusses his recent trip to Bloomington and what other recruits are thinking about Indiana.
Hosts Matt Dollinger and Greg Rosenstein talk with Blackmon Jr. about his recent discussions with Tom Crean, what it was like for his younger brother Vijay to receive an IU offer and how his rehab is going from a spring ACL tear.
Later on, friend of the show and ITH writer Justin Albers joins the program to deliver the latest on Troy Williams and news from around the recruiting trail.
The three also discuss Derek Elston’s injury and who will likely step up in his absence.
So tune in and enjoy. As always, feel free to drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org. And check back next week for another episode in which we’ll discuss IU’s exhibition opener.
After hibernating in microphone-less caves all summer, Podcast On The Brink finally returns this week with its first episode of the season – and with a twist! In honor of tonight’s presidential debate, hosts Matt Dollinger and Greg Rosenstein square off in a debate of their own, previewing the Hoosiers’ upcoming season and making bold predictions that will change this country (or something like that).
The debate, moderated by the one and only ChronicHoosier, covers IU’s backcourt, preseason rankings, the biggest threats in the Big Ten, what it will take for the Hoosiers to hang a sixth banner in Assembly Hall this season and more.
So tune in and hear who comes out on top of our season-opening debate. You’ll be able to listen to POTB throughout the season on Inside The Hall as well as iTunes. Feel free to shoot us a note at email@example.com and let us know what you think.
· How both team’s have changed since IU’s win on Dec. 10 · The importance of Will Sheehey and Jordan Hulls vs. UK · Potential X-Factors for both Indiana and Kentucky · How much Christian Watford’s buzzer-beater will motivate the Wildcats · The relevancy of Bob Knight finally saying the words “Indiana” and “Kentucky”