POTB 141: ESPN’s John Gasaway on IU, Big Ten hoops
Podcast on the Brink is back for a new episode with host Jerod Morris of The Assembly Call. The show is available weekly and you can access a full archive of episodes here.
In this week’s edition of the show, Morris and Inside the Hall editor Alex Bozich are joined by John Gasaway, who covers college basketball for ESPN Insider.
Among the topics discussed:
· John’s ranking of Thomas Bryant as the No. 8 player in college basketball next season and what to expect in his sophomore season
· How to project the impact of OG Anunoby as a sophomore
· What Indiana’s offense will look like without Yogi Ferrell
· Can Indiana’s offense be elite with Thomas Bryant as the centerpiece and more emphasis on the frontcourt?
· Why Tom Crean should be viewing last year’s defensive performance as the floor for this team
· Is Indiana’s turnover problem solved? Why John is optimistic it might be.
· The overall strength of the Big Ten for the 2016-2017 season
· Teams that could make a significant leap in the league standings in 2016-2017
· Unbalanced scheduling and whether John believes it has a major impact on conference standings
· Whether IU fans should be encouraged by what Villanova did last season
· Who will be the stars of college basketball in 2016-2017? ($)
· Forecasting the Big Ten’s standings for 2016-17 ($)
· An in-depth look at Indiana’s offensive sets
· Great offense is an outcome, great shooting is an event
As always, feel free to drop the show a note at [email protected].
Listen in the audio player below, download the episode, subscribe via iTunes or subscribe to the RSS feed.
Filed to: Podcast on the Brink