First place in the Big Ten is on the line when Wisconsin comes to Assembly Hall on Tuesday. Can the Hoosiers stay on top?
Fresh off its big win against No. 8 Minnesota, Indiana look to keep its momentum going when it takes on the plucky Badgers, who are coming off a huge victory against Illinois of their own.
To break it all down, Podcast on the Brink hosts Matt Dollinger and Greg Rosenstein are joined by Herald-Times IU beat writer Dustin Dopirak to discuss what went right — and wrong — in IU’s win Saturday and what the team has to do to handle Wisconsin.
Among the topics discussed this week:
· The MVP debate: Cody Zeller vs. Victor Oladipo · What went wrong in the second half vs. Minnesota · Yogi Ferrell’s recent play and impact on the team · How the Hoosiers matchup against the Badgers · Shawshank Redemption, Luck vs. RGIII and more
To break down the showdown with the Gophers, Podcast on the Brink is joined by Inside The Hall’s Alex Bozich and Justin Albers this week.
With Greg Rosenstein packing up his RGIII jerseys and moving to Connecticut, host Matt Dollinger anchors the podcast and talks to Bozich and Albers about the challenges No. 8 Minnesota will present and the likelihood of No. 5 Indiana pulling out the win.
Among the topics discussed in this week’s show:
· The importance of the battle on the boards Saturday · How Indiana will attempt to neutralize Trevor Mbakwe · Who is the best team in the conference right now? · The sparse usage of Hanner Mosquera-Perea and Peter Jurkin · Takeaways from Indiana’s thrashing of Penn State · Which games will be toughest for IU in January?
The Hoosiers ended 2012 on a high note with a rare Big Ten road win at Iowa. What does 2013 have in store?
Podcast on the Brink dives into Monday afternoon’s win and looks forward at Indiana’s road ahead with Indianapolis Star beat writer Terry Hutchens and ITH’s Justin Albers.
Hosts Matt Dollinger and Greg Rosenstein discuss IU’s 69-65 win in Iowa City and speak with this week’s guests about the significance of the conference-opening victory.
Among the other topics discussed:
· Victor Oladipo’s role in IU’s win · Where the victory stacks up this year · Jordan Hulls’ 0-for-10 shooting night · IU’s use of zone defense against Iowa · Fran McCaffery’s blow-up in the huddle · Big Ten picks and IU’s upcoming games
Indiana is No. 1 no more as the Hoosiers fell victim to Butler on Saturday in overtime at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
To break down Butler’s stunner, Rick Bozich of WDRB.com joins hosts Matt Dollinger and Greg Rosenstein on this week’s Podcast on the Brink. Bozich shares his insights on what went wrong for the Hoosiers and how this loss could ultimately benefit the team going forward.
Among the topics discussed this week:
· Butler’s game-winner and Cody Zeller’s absence on the floor · Whether or not Brad Stevens out coached Tom Crean · Indiana’s lack of rebounding, especially on the offensive end · The role of missed free throws in Indiana’s first defeat · The difficulty of the Hoosiers’ non-conference schedule · Tweets from IU fans on why the team lost on Saturday
Can Butler pull off another upset and knock off No. 1 Indiana in the Crossroads Classic at Bankers Life Fieldhouse this weekend?
The Hoosiers face their first real challenge since dominating No. 21 North Carolina in Assembly Hall two weeks ago.
To break down IU’s matchup with the Bulldogs, Indianapolis Star Butler beat writer David Woods and Inside The Hall’s Ryan Corazza join Podcast on the Brink. Hosts Matt Dollinger and Greg Rosenstein discuss the Bulldogs’ upset chances against IU and preview the Saturday clash in Indianapolis.
Among the other topics discussed this week:
· The debuts of Hanner Perea and Peter Jurkin · Cody Zeller’s matchup with Andrew Smith · How to contain Butler guard Rotnei Clarke · Will Sheehey’s persona and role as sixth man · Christian Watford’s offensive role going forward
Gray gives his insight into IU’s success and the turnaround in Bloomington while Bozich delivers the latest news and rumblings from the recruiting trail.
Among the topics discussed on this week’s show:
· How this team compares to elite squads of years past · The vibe in Bloomington and students’ reaction to success · Bob Knight’s recent telecasts and significance of his remarks · Is Butler the biggest in-state rival to IU? Or still Purdue? · The NBA potential of Jordan Hulls, Cody Zeller and others · Recruits Indiana is pursuing and the team’s overall strategy
If there was any question whether Indiana deserved its No. 1 ranking, last night answered with a resounding “yes.” The Hoosiers dominated the Tar Heels in every facet of the game, utilizing their deep, talented roster to cruise 83-59 at Assembly Hall.
To break down IU’s win last night, ESPN.com’s Eammon Brennan joins hosts Matt Dollinger and Greg Rosenstein on this week’s show. The group also examined IU’s outlook the rest of the season and what questions still remain as Big Ten play approaches.
Among the topics discussed on today’s show:
· Cody Zeller and Jordy Hulls’ dominance against the Tar Heels · The continued improvement of Victor Oladipo and Will Sheehey · Christian Watford’s role and his ongoing struggle with consistency · How Indiana would fare in a dream matchup against Duke · Potential problems against Butler and other future opponents