The Afternoon After: Northwestern
Notes written while basking in the defeat the smug jackass to the right took last night.
First off, forgive us ITH’ers. E is still recovering from Super Bowl Sunday. Apparently he was drinking cranberry juice yesterday in an attempt to recover from a particularly debaucherous Saturday. In other words, he was already spent by the game last night.
So this is where you come in: Thoughts from last night’s game and discussion are welcome in the open thread version of “The Morning After.”
If you need talking points for discussion, here are a few:
- What did you think of Kyle Taber’s surprise start? Should he continue to play?
- A.J. Ratliff saw significant action. Did his play justify more?
- Mike White didn’t leave the bench. Did that make you happy, sad or indifferent?
- Eric Gordon looked like Eric Gordon. And that was really nice to see.
- Not that there was any doubt, but D.J. White is an absolute beast.
Also, if you want to express your joy about the Patriots choking away their chance at history, those thoughts are also welcome.