Indiana picked to finish 10th in Big Ten by Blue Ribbon college basketball yearbook
The fourth college basketball yearbook published this fall, the Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, was released this week.
Here are some notes on Indiana and the Big Ten at-large from the annual publication:
· Blue Ribbon predicts the order of finish in the Big Ten as follows: Michigan State, Maryland, Purdue, Ohio State, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Penn State, Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers, Nebraska, Northwestern.
· In the Blue Ribbon preseason top 25, the Big Ten teams are Michigan State (1), Maryland (7), Purdue (22) and Ohio State (24).
· Michigan State’s Cassius Winston is a preseason first team All-America pick by Blue Ribbon and also the publication’s pick for national player of the year. Maryland’s Anthony Cowan is a second team All-America pick by Blue Ribbon while Michigan State’s Xavier Tillman is on the third team. Ayo Dosunmu of Illinois and Lamar Stevens of Penn State are both on the fourth team.
· Winston is Blue Ribbon’s pick for Big Ten player of the year and Ohio State’s E.J. Liddell is the pick for conference newcomer of the year.
· The Blue Ribbon preseason all-conference team is Winston, Cowan, Tillman, Stevens and Dosunmu.
The Blue Ribbon college basketball yearbook is available to purchase here.
Filed to: 2019-2020 Big Ten preview