The third of three annual college basketball preview magazines – Street and Smith’s college basketball preview – is now available on newsstands.
Here are some notes on Indiana and the Big Ten at-large from the annual publication. There is no regional cover this year featuring an IU player.
· Street and Smith’s predicts the order of finish in the Big Ten as follows: Michigan State, Maryland, Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Illinois, Minnesota, Indiana, Rutgers, Nebraska, Northwestern.
· The Street and Smith’s All-Big Ten team is Cassius Winston (Michigan State), Lamar Stevens (Penn State), Zavier Simpson (Michigan), Anthony Cowan Jr. (Maryland) and Kaleb Wesson (Ohio State).
· The Street and Smith’s All-Big Ten newcomer team is Rocket Watts (Michigan State), D.J. Carton (Ohio State), Franz Wagner (Michigan), Patrick McCaffery (Iowa) and Jahaad Proctor (Purdue).
· In the Street and Smith’s preseason top 25, the Big Ten teams ranked are Michigan State (No. 1), Maryland (No. 6) and Purdue (No. 19).
· There are no Indiana non-conference opponents in the Street and Smith’s preseason top 25.
· Winston is a first team preseason All-American. Other first team All-Americans include: Isaiah Stewart (Washington), Charles Bassey (Western Kentucky), James Wiseman (Memphis) and Anthony Edwards (Georgia).
· Ohio State is listed as one of the “top five Final Four sleepers”.