Indiana picked to finish 10th in Big Ten by Lindy’s Sports
One of several annual college basketball preview magazines that will hit newsstands this fall – Lindy’s Sports college basketball preview – will be available on newsstands early next week.
Here are some notes on Indiana and the Big Ten at-large from the annual publication. (You can purchase the regional cover featuring Devonte Green here.)
· Four Big Ten teams are ranked in Lindy’s preseason top 40, which is topped by preseason No. 1 Michigan State. Following the Spartans are Maryland (No. 9), Ohio State (No. 17) and Purdue (No. 31).
· Six Big Ten teams are projected to make the 2020 NCAA tournament including Michigan State, Maryland, Ohio State, Purdue, Illinois and Wisconsin.
· The Big Ten is rated the nation’s fourth best conference behind the SEC, ACC and Big East.
· Lindy’s ranked the top 150 players in college basketball and included the following Big Ten players: Cassius Winston (No. 1), Lamar Stevens (No. 20), Jalen Smith (No. 22), E.J. Liddell (No. 28), Anthony Cowan Jr. (No. 30), Xavier Tillman (No. 35), Aaron Henry (No. 53), Zavier Simpson (No. 63), Ayo Dosunmu (No. 66), Kaleb Wesson (No. 77), Trevion Williams (No. 85), Joshua Langford (No. 94), Luka Garza (No. 98), Matt Haarms (No. 106).
· Lindy’s predicts the order of finish in the Big Ten as follows: Michigan State, Maryland, Ohio State, Purdue, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa, Indiana, Minnesota, Rutgers, Nebraska and Northwestern.
· The Lindy’s preseason All-Big Ten teams: First team: Winston, Cowan Jr., Stevens, Smith, Tillman; Second team: Simpson, Liddell, Henry, Williams, Wesson; Third team: Langford, Dosunmu, Haarms, Garza, Nate Reuvers.
· Indiana’s Trayce Jackson-Davis is listed as the Big Ten newcomer that “will have the most impact.”
· The only Indiana non-conference opponent ranked in the Lindy’s preseason top 40 is Florida State (No. 37).
— Inside the Hall (@insidethehall) August 22, 2019
Filed to: Lindy's Sports