Indiana picked to finish fourth in Big Ten by Blue Ribbon college basketball yearbook
The fourth college basketball yearbook published this fall, the Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, was released this week.
Here are some notes on Indiana and the Big Ten at-large from the annual publication:
· Blue Ribbon predicts the order of finish in the Big Ten as follows: Michigan State, Purdue, Michigan, Indiana, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Maryland, Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, Northwestern, Illinois and Rutgers.
· In the Blue Ribbon preseason top 25, the Big Ten teams are Michigan State (10), Purdue (19) and Michigan (23).
· Duke (No. 4) is the only Indiana non-conference opponent ranked in the Blue Ribbon preseason top 25.
· For the second straight year, Wisconsin’s Ethan Happ is a preseason first team All-American by Blue Ribbon. Purdue’s Carsen Edwards is also on the preseason All-America first team. The first team is Happ, Edwards, R.J. Barrett (Duke), Luke Maye (North Carolina) and Rui Hachimura (Gonzaga).
· Edwards is Blue Ribbon’s pick for Big Ten player of the year and Indiana’s Romeo Langford is the pick for conference newcomer of the year.
· The Blue Ribbon preseason all-conference team is Happ, Edwards, Langford, Jordan Murphy (Minnesota) and Cassius Winston (Michigan State).
The Blue Ribbon college basketball yearbook is available to purchase here.