The third of three annual college basketball preview magazines – Street and Smith’s college basketball preview – is now available.
Here are some notes on Indiana and the Big Ten at-large from the annual publication. (You can purchase the regional cover featuring Juwan Morgan here.
· Street and Smith’s predicts the order of finish in the Big Ten as follows: Michigan State, Michigan, Nebraska, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, Purdue, Maryland, Penn State, Iowa, Ohio State, Northwestern, Rutgers and Illinois.
· The Street and Smith’s All-Big Ten team is Cassius Winston (Michigan State), Charles Matthews (Michigan), Carsen Edwards (Purdue), Nick Ward (Michigan State) and Ethan Happ (Wisconsin).
· In the Street and Smith’s preseason top 25, the Big Ten teams ranked are Michigan State (No. 12) and Michigan (No. 17).
· The only Indiana non-conference opponent in Street and Smith’s preseason top 25 is No. 3 Duke.
· Edwards is a first team preseason All-American, Happ is second team and Ward and Matthews are third team. Other first team All-Americans include: R.J. Barrett (Duke), Grant Williams (Tennessee), Luke Maye (North Carolina) and Dedric Lawson (Kansas).
· Romeo Langford is listed as the nation’s No. 4 impact freshman and is also on the five-man Big Ten all-newcomer team.