Indiana picked to finish fourth in Big Ten by Blue Ribbon
The fourth college basketball yearbook published this fall, the Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, was released this week.
Here are some other IU and Big Ten centric notes from the yearbook:
· Thomas Bryant is a preseason first team All-American and is joined by Wisconsin’s Nigel Hayes and Maryland’s Melo Trimble. No other Big Ten players are on the second, third or fourth teams named by Blue Ribbon.
· Indiana’s projected starters are James Blackmon Jr., Robert Johnson, Collin Hartman, OG Anunoby and Thomas Bryant. That projection, obviously, was made before the Hartman injury news last week.
· Blue Ribbon projects Indiana to finish fourth in the Big Ten. Here’s the complete forecast for the order of finish: Wisconsin, Purdue, Michigan State, Indiana, Maryland, Ohio State, Michigan, Illinois, Northwestern, Penn State, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska and Rutgers.
· Blue Ribbon’s All-Big Ten team includes Bryant, Trimble, Hayes, Malcolm Hill of Illinois and Iowa’s Peter Jok.
· Hayes is the preseason player of the year and Michigan State’s Miles Bridges is the newcomer of the year.
· Here’s a composite look at all of the preseason Big Ten projections announced thus far: