Indiana picked to finish 7th in Big Ten by Blue Ribbon college basketball yearbook
One of the most notable college basketball yearbooks published annually, the Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, was released this week in a digital format. Printed copies will be available at a later date.
After being picked to finish seventh in the Big Ten by Lindy’s Sports and Athlon Sports, Blue Ribbon also projects the Hoosiers to finish seventh in the conference.
Here are some notes on Indiana and the Big Ten at-large from the annual publication:
· Blue Ribbon predicts the order of finish in the Big Ten as follows: Michigan, Purdue, Illinois, Ohio State, Michigan State, Maryland, Indiana, Wisconsin, Rutgers, Iowa, Northwestern, Nebraska, Penn State, Minnesota.
· In the Blue Ribbon preseason top 25, the Big Ten teams ranked are Michigan (6), Purdue (9), Illinois (18), Ohio State (20), Michigan State (21) and Maryland (23).
· Kofi Cockburn of Illinois and Hunter Dickinson of Michigan are both preseason first-team All-American picks by Blue Ribbon and Drew Timme of Gonzaga is the pick for national player of the year. Indiana’s Trayce Jackson-Davis is a second-team All-American selection along with EJ Liddell of Ohio State and Trevion Williams of Purdue.
· The Blue Ribbon preseason all-conference team is Cockburn, Dickinson, Williams, Jackson-Davis and Liddell.
· Cockburn is Blue Ribbon’s pick for Big Ten player of the year and Caleb Houstan of Michigan is the pick for conference newcomer of the year.
The Blue Ribbon college basketball yearbook is available to purchase here.