Indiana picked to finish 8th in Big Ten by Blue Ribbon college basketball yearbook
One of the most notable college basketball yearbooks published annually, the Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, was released this week.
After being picked to finish seventh in the Big Ten by Lindy’s Sports, Blue Ribbon projects the Hoosiers to finish eighth in the conference.
Here are some notes on Indiana and the Big Ten at-large from the annual publication:
· Blue Ribbon predicts the order of finish in the Big Ten as follows: Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State, Rutgers, Minnesota, Indiana, Michigan, Maryland, Purdue, Penn State, Northwestern, Nebraska.
· In the Blue Ribbon preseason top 25, the Big Ten teams ranked are Wisconsin (7), Iowa (8), Illinois (11), Michigan State (19) and Ohio State (21).
· Iowa’s Luka Garza is a preseason first team All-America pick by Blue Ribbon and also the publication’s pick for national player of the year. Ayo Dosunmu of Illinois joined Garza on the first team. Indiana’s Trayce Jackson-Davis is a third team All-America pick while Kofi Cockburn of Illinois is on the fourth team.
· Garza is Blue Ribbon’s pick for Big Ten player of the year and Michigan State’s Joey Hauser, a transfer from Marquette, is the pick for conference newcomer of the year.
· The Blue Ribbon preseason all-conference team is Garza, Dosunmu, Jackson-Davis, Marcus Carr and Nate Reuvers.
The Blue Ribbon college basketball yearbook, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary, is available to purchase here.
Filed to: 2020-2021 Big Ten preview