Indiana picked to finish 7th in Big Ten by Lindy’s Sports
The Lindy’s Sports 2020-2021 preview magazine – an annual publication previewing the upcoming college basketball season – hit newsstands this week.
Here are some notes on Indiana and the Big Ten at-large from the annual publication. (You can purchase the regional cover featuring Al Durham Jr. here.)
· Six Big Ten teams are ranked in Lindy’s preseason top 40, which is topped by preseason No. 1 Gonzaga. The Big Ten teams in the top 40 include Wisconsin (No. 6), Iowa (No. 10), Illinois (No. 12), Michigan State (No. 20), Ohio State (No. 22) and Rutgers (No. 33).
· Seven Big Ten teams are projected to make the 2021 NCAA tournament: Wisconsin, Michigan State, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio State, Rutgers and Indiana.
· Lindy’s ranked all 32 conferences in college basketball and has the Big Ten first.
· Four Big Ten players earned Lindy’s preseason All-America honors. Iowa’s Luka Garza is a preseason first team selection, Wisconsin’s Nate Reuvers is a second team selection, Indiana’s Trayce Jackson-Davis is a third team selection and Kofi Cockburn of Illinois is also a third team selection.
· Lindy’s ranked the top 150 players in college basketball and included the following Big Ten players: Garza (No. 1), Ayo Dosunmu of Illinois (No. 12), Reuvers (No. 18), Cockburn (No. 22), Jackson-Davis (No. 23), Minnesota’s Marcus Carr (No. 31), Iowa’s Joe Wieskamp (No. 54), Michigan State’s Aaron Henry (No. 60), Michigan State’s Rocket Watts (No. 66), Ron Harper Jr. of Rutgers (No. 69), Purdue’s Trevion Williams (No. 70), Michigan State’s Joey Hauser (No. 73), Wisconsin’s D’Mitrik Trice (No. 85), Ohio State’s E.J. Liddell (No. 89), Geo Baker of Rutgers (No. 103), Ohio State’s Seth Towns (No. 105), Michigan’s Isaiah Livers (No. 112), Michigan State’s Mady Sissoko (No. 114), Michigan’s Franz Wagner (No. 126) and Maryland’s Aaron Wiggins (No. 145).
· Lindy’s picked Wisconsin to win the Big Ten followed by Iowa, Illinois, Michigan State, Ohio State, Rutgers, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Purdue, Maryland, Penn State, Northwestern and Nebraska.
· Garza is Lindy’s pick for preseason Big Ten player of the year and Hauser is the pick for newcomer of the year.
· Jackson-Davis is on the preseason All-Big Ten first team with Dosunmu, Garza, Reuvers and Carr. The second team is Wieskamp, Watts, Williams, Henry and Cockburn. The third team is Harper Jr., Trice, Liddell, Towns and Hauser.
Filed to: Lindy's Sports