In this week’s show, Morris and Bozich are joined by Bart Torvik, creator of the T-Rank for advanced college basketball analytics.
Among the topics discussed:
· The niche that the T-Rank fills in college basketball statistics
· Why Bart feels that the average fan should care about tempo-free stats
· How Bart goes about putting together the preseason rankings
· Teams that Bart feels stand out as maybe over or under ranked right now in his preseason rankings
· How a five-star talent like Romeo Langford figures into Bart’s projections
· What Bart feels is the most overrated stat and the most under utilized stat
· Bart’s thoughts on when Indiana will beat Wisconsin again and also his thoughts on the Badgers going into next season
· Why Wisconsin fans view Archie Miller as more formidable than Tom Crean
· How Wisconsin fans remember Bo Ryan and what he accomplished in Madison
· The Big Ten teams that intrigue Bart going into next season
· Bart’s thoughts on Indiana going into next season
And much, much more. As always, feel free to drop the show a note at [email protected].
Filed to: Podcast on the Brink