The third of three annual college basketball preview magazines – Street and Smith’s college basketball preview – is now available.
Here are some notes on Indiana and the Big Ten at-large from the annual publication. (You can purchase the regional cover featuring Johnson here. The magazine also features a two-page story on Archie Miller.)
· Street and Smith’s predicts the order of finish in the Big Ten as follows: Michigan State, Purdue, Northwestern, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Maryland, Michigan, Penn State, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Ohio State, Rutgers.
· The Street and Smith’s All-Big Ten team is Miles Bridges (Michigan State), Ethan Happ (Wisconsin), Moritz Wagner (Michigan), Nate Mason (Minnesota) and Bryant McIntosh (Northwestern).
· In the Street and Smith’s preseason top 25, the Big Ten teams are Michigan State (3), Purdue (20), Northwestern (22) and Minnesota (23).
· Indiana non-conference opponents in Street and Smith’s preseason top 25 include: Duke (2), Louisville (5), Notre Dame (17) and Seton Hall (21).
· Bridges is a first team preseason All-America and Happ is second team. Other first team All-Americans include: Michael Porter Jr. (Missouri), Angel Delgado (Seton Hall), Grayson Allen (Duke) and Joel Berry III (North Carolina).
Here’s a compilation of Big Ten predictions from Athlon, Lindy’s and Street and Smith’s:
— Alex Bozich (@insidethehall) August 23, 2017