Over the last month, we’ve reported on several preseason prognostications for the 2014-2015 Indiana team, including Lindy’s Sports ranking the Hoosiers the nation’s preseason No. 28 team and The Sporting News picking IU to finish 10th in the Big Ten.
Another college basketball annual, the Blue Ribbon college basketball yearbook, is scheduled to hit newsstands next month, but Brendan F. Quinn of MLive.com has already provided some Big Ten related tidbits.
Indiana is picked to finish ninth in the Big Ten by the Blue Ribbon college yearbook and junior Yogi Ferrell is listed as a preseason first team All-Big Ten selection.
Blue Ribbon has five Big Ten teams in its preseason top 25: Wisconsin (3), Ohio State (15), Michigan State (20), Michigan (23) and Nebraska (24).
More details from the Blue Ribbon yearbook are available after the jump:
· Wisconsin’s Frank Kaminsky is a preseason first team All-American while his teammate Sam Dekker, is a preseason second team All-American. Michigan’s Caris LeVert is a preseason second team All-American.
· The complete predicted Big Ten order of finish is Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan State, Michigan, Nebraska, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana, Maryland, Northwestern, Penn State, Purdue and Rutgers.
· Joining Ferrell on the all-conference team Kaminsky, Dekker, LeVert and Nebraska’s Terran Petteway.
· Kaminsky is Blue Ribbon’s preseason Big Ten player of the year while Ohio State’s D’Angelo Russell is the league’s preseason newcomer of the year.
· Blue Ribbon lists the Big Ten’s top three frontcourts as Wisconsin, Nebraska and Michigan and the league’s top three backcourts as Ohio State, Wisconsin and Michigan.
· Blue Ribbon’s preseason first team All-America team is Kaminsky, Malcolm Brogdon (Virginia), Marcus Paige (North Carolina), Fred VanVleet (Wichita State) and Montrezl Harrell (Louisville).
Filed to: 2014-2015 season preview