CBS Sports has lofty expectations for Hoosiers
While making my rounds through Borders last night, I noticed a third college hoops publication on the shelves and it was that of CBS Sports. For the most part it looked like a solid magazine, sans the presence of Gary Parrish.
I took a quick flip through and here are some of the notable things from the IU standpoint:
- They’ve got IU ranked 11th in the country, two slots behind their Big Ten favorite Michigan State.
- Eric Gordon is listed as the No. 3 newcomer behind Derrick Rose of Memphis and Michael Beasley of Kansas State.
- D.J. White and Gordon are both listed as first team All-Big Ten. They’ve selected Drew Neitzel as the conference player of the year.
- Gordon is the newcomer of the year in the Big Ten.
- White is listed as a third team All-American.
- Gordon is listed as a second team All-American.
Obviously, the word is out on EJ and everyone already knows, yes he is THAT good. They’ve also given D.J. a very solid billing and rightfully so. He’ll be the captain and the key to taking us to San Antonio. As far as picking Michigan State to win the conference, I think you can make an argument for IU or the Spartans. The conference crown will come down to which team can win more frequently on the road during league play.