Report: Indiana to host Louisiana Lafayette as part of 2021-22 non-conference schedule
Indiana will host Louisiana Lafayette next season, according to a report from Jon Rothstein.
The Ragin’ Cajuns, coached by Bob Marlin, finished 17-9 last season and are members of the Sun Belt Conference.
Louisiana Lafayette finished No. 201 nationally in the final Ken Pomeroy ratings for the 2020-21 season and lost its season opener 112-82 to eventual national champion Baylor.
The Rajin’ Cajuns are ranked No. 130 in the country for next season in Bart Torvik’s preseason ratings. Louisiana Lafayette added two key transfers this offseason in Jordan Brown (Arizona) and Greg Williams Jr. (St. John’s).
Here’s an updated look at Indiana’s schedule so far next season:
· BC Mega of Serbia in two exhibitions on Aug. 13 and 15 in the Bahamas
· Merrimack at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall per Jon Rothstein
· Louisiana Lafayette at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall per Jon Rothstein
· Gavitt Tipoff Games: Potential game against a Big East opponent
· Big Ten/ACC Challenge: Expected home game
· Crossroads Classic: vs. Notre Dame at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Dec. 18, 2021
· Northern Kentucky at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall per D1 Docket on Dec. 22, 2021
· Big Ten opponents:
Home and Away: Purdue, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin
Home Only: Illinois, Michigan, Rutgers
Away Only: Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern
Filed to: 2021-22 schedule