Report: Indiana to host Merrimack as part of non-conference schedule
Indiana will host Division I transition program Merrimack as part of its 2021-22 non-conference schedule according to a report late Wednesday from Jon Rothstein.
The Warriors, members of the Northeast Conference, finished last season 9-9 and played conference games only due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Merrimack finished last season 287th in the KenPom ratings.
Back in the 2019-20 season, Merrimack beat Northwestern 71-61 at Welsh-Ryan Arena for its first Division I win.
This is the second confirmed game for the Hoosiers next season. Indiana is also slated to play Notre Dame in the 2021 Crossroads Classic at Bankers Life Fieldhouse.
Here’s a current overview of Indiana’s schedule for the 2021-22 season:
· Merrimack at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall
· Gavitt Tipoff Games: Potential game against a Big East opponent
· Big Ten/ACC Challenge: Expected home game
· Crossroads Classic: vs. Notre Dame at Bankers Life Fieldhouse
· Big Ten opponents:
Home and Away: Purdue, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin
Home Only: Illinois, Michigan, Rutgers
Away Only: Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern
· Big Ten tournament: Indianapolis – Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Filed to: 2021-22 schedule