Indiana sophomore Trayce Jackson-Davis was named Big Ten player of the week, the conference announced Monday afternoon.
It was the first Big Ten player of the week honor for Jackson-Davis, who won Big Ten freshman of the week five times last season.
Here’s the full release from the Big Ten:
Trayce Jackson-Davis, Indiana
F – So. – 6-9 – Greenwood, Ind. – Center Grove (Ind.) – Major: Sports Marketing
• Averaged 20.0 points and 5.7 rebounds per game in contests against Providence, No. 17 Texas and Stanford during the 2020 Camping World Maui Invitational
• Was named to the 2020 Maui Invitational All-Tournament Team after leading the Hoosiers to victories over Providence and Stanford
• Registered a career-high 31 points in the win over Stanford, making 10-of-16 field goals (.625 pct.) and 11-of-14 free throws (.786 pct.). Also added six rebounds and two assists
• Earns the first Player of the Week accolade of his career; was a five-time Freshman of the Week honoree in 2019-20
• Last Indiana Player of the Week: Juwan Morgan (March 11, 2019)
In recent weeks, Jackson-Davis was named to watchlists for the Naismith Award, Wooden Award, Karl Malone Award and NABC player of the year award.
Michigan’s Hunter Dickinson was named the Big Ten freshman of the week.
Filed to: Trayce Jackson-Davis