Indiana’s opponent for the 2019 Big Ten-ACC Challenge is set.
The Hoosiers will host Florida State in this year’s iteration of the challenge on Tuesday, Dec. 3.
The Seminoles finished last season 29-8 and advanced to the Sweet Sixteen. Florida State is ranked No. 35 in Bart Torvik’s early preseason ratings for the 2019-2020 season.
The full Big Ten-ACC Challenge schedule is available below:
Matchups announced for the 2019 Big Ten/ACC Challenge. ESPN networks will combine to televise all 14 games from Dec. 2-4, including two rematches from last season’s Elite Eight. #B1GACC Full schedule: https://t.co/LGIghd2wa0 pic.twitter.com/nnOs9XokY1
— Big Ten Men's Hoops (@B1GMBBall) June 6, 2019
Here are some notes on the matchup, via IU:
• This will be the first meeting between the two teams since the 1992 Preseason NIT in New York. IU is 4-0 all-time against FSU. The Hoosiers won that semifinal game, 81-78 in overtime.
• IU’s first meeting versus the Seminoles came in December 1975 when the eventual undefeated national champions won 83-59 in Market Square Arena in Indianapolis.
• The Hoosiers also battled FSU in back-to-back NCAA Tournaments in 1991 and 1992. IU won in Louisville, 82-60, in 1991 and 85-74 in Albuquerque in 1992 on their way to the Final Four.
• FSU finished 29-8 a year ago and advanced to the Sweet Sixteen. They defeated eventual national champion Virginia in the ACC Tournament and beat Purdue in last year’s challenge.
• IU is 7-11 in challenge games. FSU is 9-11 and has won three straight games in the event.
• ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNU will combine to televise all 14 games of the event, and all games will also be available to stream via the ESPN app.