In this week’s show, Morris and Bozich are joined by Rick Bozich of WDRB.com to look back at Indiana’s 1987 national championship team.
Among the topics discussed:
· How the 1985-1986 season set the stage for the 1987 championship
· Bob Knight’s willingness to dip into the Junior College ranks with Keith Smart and Dean Garrett
· The roster composition of the 1987 team and how it differed from 1981
· Why the 1987 team might have been Knight’s best coaching job in Bloomington
· Was there any panic after the 1987 team lost two in a row late in the regular season?
· The ability of the 1987 team to win close games and how Steve Alford was a big part of it
· The addition of the 3-point shot and how it factored in that season
· Why the UNLV game was a masterful coaching performance from Knight
· What stood out from the title game other than Keith Smart’s shot to win it
· Was there any feeling that this would be the end of the line for IU winning titles under Knight?
And much, much more. As always, feel free to drop the show a note at [email protected].
Other ways to subscribe:
(Photo credit: IU Athletics)