Podcast on the Brink: Bracketology, IU-Northwestern
Podcast on the Brink is back for a second episode this week with host Jerod Morris of The Assembly Call.
Andy Bottoms, the web’s #1 bracketologist according to Bracket Matrix, joins Morris to discuss Indiana’s current bubble status, the bracket overall, and what the data suggests are the keys to IU beating Northwestern.
Among the topics discussed:
· Bottoms line: if Indiana beats Northwestern, are they in?
· Whether Purdue is still on the bubble or solidly in the field
· What potential the other Big Ten teams’ seeds have to move up or down based on their performances in the Big Ten Tournament
· Andy’s overall philosophy on predicting the bracket (including: does he set his bracket how he thinks it should be, or try to match what he thinks the committee will do?)
· Will Indiana actually up the pressure on defense against Northwestern? Or will nagging injuries force a more conservative approach?
· The numbers paint a clear picture of what Indiana must do to win — Andy divulges which ones.
And much, much more — including a segment about Stan Robinson that is sure to elicit strong responses from many corners of Hoosier Nation. So tune in and enjoy. As always, feel free to drop the show a note at [email protected].
Listen in the embedded media player below, download the episode, subscribe via iTunes or subscribe to the RSS feed.
Filed to: Podcast on the Brink