After escaping with an improbable win at Ann Arbor last Sunday, the Hoosiers have their eyes set on Chicago this weekend as they look to add a Big Ten tournament title to their outright regular-season crown.
· Late-game decisions that led to IU’s win Sunday · Tom Crean and Jeff Meyer’s post-game incident · Would Indiana rather face Minnesota or Illinois? · Teams IU wants to avoid in the B1G tournament · Is Victor Oladipo a top-3 pick in the NBA Draft?
One of the most prolific shooters in Hoosier history, Matt Roth, joins Podcast on the Brink this week to discuss his time at Indiana and what the current Hoosiers need to do to bounce back from their recent struggles.
Co-hosts Matt Dollinger and Justin Albers talk to Roth about his impressions from Tuesday’s game, which he attended, and how the Buckeyes were able to stifle the Hoosiers.
Among the other topics discussed:
· What giving a senior speech at Assembly Hall is like · Whether Roth thought he’d be on the ’12-13 Hoosiers · The evolution of Jordan Hulls and Victor Oladipo at Indiana · How Indiana can recover in time for postseason play · His shooting stroke and current basketball career
Who better to break down Indiana’s gutsy win at Michigan State last night than Dane Fife?
The former Hoosier standout and current Spartans assistant coach joins Podcast on the Brink this week to discuss IU’s 72-68 win and give his take on the state of the Hoosiers.
Co-hosts Matt Dollinger and Justin Albers also talk to Fife about the controversial calls at the end of Tuesday’s game and get his scouting report on IU after facing the team twice this season.
Among the topics discussed this week:
· Fife’s post-game conversation with Tom Crean · Who is harder to prepare for: Oladipo or Zeller? · The questionable officiating in Indiana-MSU · Keys to the Hoosiers making a run in the tourney · The friendship triangle of Crean, Izzo and Fife
· How Indiana took down ex-No.1 Michigan · Victor Oladipo’s pair of superhuman dunks · Crean’s IU tenure and his ability as a coach · Types of teams that could give Indiana trouble · Importance of depth on a team chasing a title
The Hoosiers delivered their biggest whipping of the season on Wednesday. Up next, their biggest test of the season on Saturday.
To discuss Indiana’s 97-60 beatdown of arch-rival Purdue and the team’s upcoming showdown with No. 1 Michigan, Podcast on the Brink hosts Matt Dollingerand Justin Albers are joined by Indianapolis Star columnist Bob Kravitz on this week’s program.
Among the topics discussed:
· What Indiana did right in its rout of Purdue · Tom Crean’s decision to keep the starters in late · Biggest challenges the Wolverines will present · Who will Victor Oladipo guard on Michigan? · Predictions, matchups to watch and more
· Programming note: As you may have noticed, Greg Rosenstein is no longer co-hosting Podcast on the Brink. Greg recently accepted a job with ESPN Insider and thus his time with POTB has come to an end. We wish Greg the best of luck in Bristol, where he undoubtedly will do a great job of getting Stuart Scott coffee and meticulously cleaning Chris Berman’s car. Just kidding, Greg.
John Gasaway of ESPN Insider joins this week’s show to discuss Indiana’s upcoming clash with No. 13 Michigan State and the Big Ten as a whole.
Podcast on the Brink hosts Matt Dollinger and Greg Rosenstein talk to Gasaway about the current climate in the conference and where the Hoosiers rank among the best in the Big Ten. The three also debate whether IU has lived up to preseason expectations and if the Hoosiers can beat the Spartans on Sunday.
Among the other topics discussed in this week’s show:
· Opposing strategies against the Hoosiers · The team MVP debate and Cody Zeller · Most interesting matchups against MSU · Is Indiana the best team in the Big Ten? · Yogi Ferrell as a pass-first, no-shoot PG