Podcast on the Brink returns for a second episode this week with hall of fame broadcaster Don Fischer, the voice of the Hoosiers for 41 years and counting.
Fischer joins host Jerod Morris of The Assembly Call and gives his take on IU’s turbulent week including the losses to Penn State and Purdue as well as Tuesday’s events at Assembly Hall that forced a postponement of the game with Iowa.
Also discussed on the episode:
· The year-to-year improvement of sophomore Yogi Ferrell · How this IU team compares to other young teams in the program’s past · Where Noah Vonleh ranks among the top freshmen to play at IU · An update on Royce Waltman
Adding some more turbulence to an already rough week, a piece of metal facing fell from the Assembly Hall roof on Tuesday, causing the cancelation of IU’s game against Iowa … but luckily causing no bodily harm.
Among the topics discussed on this special edition:
· Tuesday’s press conference and Indiana’s response to the incident · The decision to renovate rather than rebuild Assembly Hall · IU’s decision not to make up the Iowa game at Bankers Life Fieldhouse · How the postponement could affect IU on the court
· Indiana’s defensive improvement as the Big Ten season moves along · The IU players who have exceeded expectations and those who have under-performed · The play and development of Hanner Mosquera-Perea and Jeremy Hollowell · The impact of the Marcus Smart incident on college basketball · How Indiana needs to finish up to consider the season a success
After a long hiatus (also known as post-Sweet 16 depression) Podcast on the Brink is back to talk about Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller’s decisions to go pro and recap the year that was for the Hoosiers.
Co-hosts Matt Dollinger and Justin Albers are joined by Indy Star columnist Bob Kravitz to discuss Oladipo and Zeller’s prospects in the NBA as well as Indiana’s season-ending loss to Syracuse.
Among the other topics discussed this week:
· Indiana’s projected starting lineup for next season · Who will make the better pro: Oladipo or Zeller? · Was this year ultimately a disappointment for IU? · What went wrong against Syracuse in the Sweet 16 · Yogi Ferrell, Will Sheehey, Hanner Mosquera-Perea next year
Can Indiana down Syracuse on its road to Atlanta? Or will the Hoosiers fall in the Sweet 16 for the second straight year?
Podcast on the Brink co-host Matt Dollinger is joined by Inside The Hall’s Justin Albers and Alex Bozich, who are on site in Washington D.C. this week, to break down Thursday night’s showdown with Syracuse and IU’s chances of advancing.
Among the topics discussed this week:
· How IU matches up against Syracuse on offense, defense · Who will Victor Oladipo guard? How will he be utilized? · The roles of Jordan Hulls and Yogi Ferrell vs. Syracuse · Biggest issues the Orange present against the Hoosiers · All-Big Ten Final Four, Marquette vs. Miami and more
After escaping with an improbable win at Ann Arbor last Sunday, the Hoosiers have their eyes set on Chicago this weekend as they look to add a Big Ten tournament title to their outright regular-season crown.
· Late-game decisions that led to IU’s win Sunday · Tom Crean and Jeff Meyer’s post-game incident · Would Indiana rather face Minnesota or Illinois? · Teams IU wants to avoid in the B1G tournament · Is Victor Oladipo a top-3 pick in the NBA Draft?
One of the most prolific shooters in Hoosier history, Matt Roth, joins Podcast on the Brink this week to discuss his time at Indiana and what the current Hoosiers need to do to bounce back from their recent struggles.
Co-hosts Matt Dollinger and Justin Albers talk to Roth about his impressions from Tuesday’s game, which he attended, and how the Buckeyes were able to stifle the Hoosiers.
Among the other topics discussed:
· What giving a senior speech at Assembly Hall is like · Whether Roth thought he’d be on the ’12-13 Hoosiers · The evolution of Jordan Hulls and Victor Oladipo at Indiana · How Indiana can recover in time for postseason play · His shooting stroke and current basketball career
Who better to break down Indiana’s gutsy win at Michigan State last night than Dane Fife?
The former Hoosier standout and current Spartans assistant coach joins Podcast on the Brink this week to discuss IU’s 72-68 win and give his take on the state of the Hoosiers.
Co-hosts Matt Dollinger and Justin Albers also talk to Fife about the controversial calls at the end of Tuesday’s game and get his scouting report on IU after facing the team twice this season.
Among the topics discussed this week:
· Fife’s post-game conversation with Tom Crean · Who is harder to prepare for: Oladipo or Zeller? · The questionable officiating in Indiana-MSU · Keys to the Hoosiers making a run in the tourney · The friendship triangle of Crean, Izzo and Fife
· How Indiana took down ex-No.1 Michigan · Victor Oladipo’s pair of superhuman dunks · Crean’s IU tenure and his ability as a coach · Types of teams that could give Indiana trouble · Importance of depth on a team chasing a title