In this special edition of the show – which was broadcast live last night over at The Assembly Call – Morris is joined by Inside the Hall editor Alex Bozich and Chronic Hoosier for a recap of IU’s season and a look ahead to the offseason. Among the topics discussed:
· How IU’s season should be viewed as a whole
· Whether Indiana’s defense can make major improvements over the offseason
· Potential NBA decisions for Yogi Ferrell and Troy Williams and program attrition
· What adding a player like Thomas Bryant would mean for next season
And plenty more, so tune in and enjoy. As always, feel free to drop the show a note at email@example.com.
Andy Bottoms, the web’s #1 bracketologist according to Bracket Matrix, joins Morris to discuss Indiana’s current bubble status, the bracket overall, and what the data suggests are the keys to IU beating Northwestern.
Among the topics discussed:
· Bottoms line: if Indiana beats Northwestern, are they in?
· Whether Purdue is still on the bubble or solidly in the field
· What potential the other Big Ten teams’ seeds have to move up or down based on their performances in the Big Ten Tournament
· Andy’s overall philosophy on predicting the bracket (including: does he set his bracket how he thinks it should be, or try to match what he thinks the committee will do?)
· Will Indiana actually up the pressure on defense against Northwestern? Or will nagging injuries force a more conservative approach?
· The numbers paint a clear picture of what Indiana must do to win — Andy divulges which ones.
And much, much more — including a segment about Stan Robinson that is sure to elicit strong responses from many corners of Hoosier Nation. So tune in and enjoy. As always, feel free to drop the show a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coming off of three straight losses and facing a must-win scenario on Thursday in the Big Ten tournament against Northwestern, Morris is joined by Inside the Hall editor Alex Bozich for a jam packed edition of the show. Among the numerous topics discussed:
· Indiana’s slide to end the regular season
· The upcoming rematch with Northwestern on Thursday
· Indiana’s defense and theories for why it never improved
· Breakdowns of several individuals, including Nick Zeisloft, Yogi Ferrell and Troy Williams
· The Thon Maker and Thomas Bryant recruitments
· All of the talk regarding Tom Crean’s future
Morris is joined by Indianapolis Star IU beat writer Zach Osterman and Inside the Hall editor and co-founder Alex Bozich, to discuss a variety of topics, including:
· The biggest positive and negative taken away from IU’s exhibition games
· Indiana’s struggles out of the gate in the two exhibition games
· The program’s front line depth and how it’s changed in less than a year
· Yogi Ferrell’s role this season
· What IU’s starting lineup might look like once the three suspended players return
· A quick look at the early signing period, which begins today
Morris is joined this week by the high school coach of Robert Johnson, Ryan Marable, to discuss a variety of topics, including:
· Robert’s greatest strengths as a player
· What he thinks will be the biggest adjustment for Robert going from high school to college
· The former and current NBA players Robert’s game most reminds him of
· Robert’s personality off the court
· The question he asked Robert that helped convince him Indiana was the right place for him
Morris is joined by Inside the Hall editor and co-founder Alex Bozich, to discuss a variety of topics, including:
· How this offseason compares to last offseason
· A recap of Indiana’s five-game exhibition tour of Canada
· Hanner Mosquera-Perea’s importance to the team for the upcoming season
· Discussion of the potential impact of transfer Nick Zeisloft
· A rundown of IU’s 2014-2015 roster with observations from Canada
Indiana’s season ended on Thursday with a 64-54 loss to Illinois in the opening round of the NCAA tournament.
Podcast on the Brink is back with host Jerod Morris of The Assembly Call to dissect how an IU team ranked No. 24 in the preseason could miss out on postseason play entirely. Morris is joined by Zach Osterman, the Indiana beat writer for The Indianapolis Star, to discuss a variety of topics, including:
· Next season’s non-conference schedule · Noah Vonleh’s future · Indiana’s outlook for the 2014-2015 season