Lawrence Central wing Jeremy Hollowell was playing at an elite level before he suffered both a knee and wrist injury a couple of weeks ago at the Double Pump tournament in Denver. The 6-7 Hollowell is expected to miss several weeks, but is planning to return later this spring.
Here’s a new collection of video highlights of the latest Hoosier commitment from the Double Pump tournament. Thanks to ITH reader Stephen for providing the film of all four Indiana Elite games:
– The right wrist injury sustained by Lawrence Central forward Jeremy Hollowell is not as serious as originally thought. The 2012 IU commit tweetedthat his wrist is not broken or fractured and that he’ll likely miss just two to three weeks. That should put Hollowell back in time for either the Spiece Run ‘N Slam in Ft. Wayne (May 7-8) or the adidas May Classic in Bloomington (May 14-16).
– In an interview with GoPokes.com (premium story), 2011 IMG Academy forward Jamari Traylor said he plans to visit either Indiana or Kansas this weekend. Traylor took an official visit to Oklahoma State this past weekend.
– 2014 Evansville Bosse guard Jaquan Lyle will be watched by Butler, Indiana, Indiana State, Ohio State, Purdue and St. Louis at an open gym on Tuesday.
– Indianapolis Speedway guard Justin Brent (2014) tweeted that he expects assistant coach Tim Buckley at an open gym later this week.
– ESPN.com bracketologist Joe Lunardi released a ridiculously early 2012 Bracketology and Indiana was listed among the “first four” teams. This doesn’t tell us much other than the fact that expectations for postseason play next year in Bloomington are real. Also in Lunardi’s field from the Big Ten: Illinois, Michigan State, Michigan, Ohio State, Purdue and Wisconsin. This means Lunardi believes the Hoosiers jump past Iowa, Minnesota, Northwestern and Penn State.
The latest addition to Indiana’s 2012 recruiting class — Lawrence Central wing Jeremy Hollowell — took the court for the first time as a member of Indiana Elite this past weekend at the IndyBall.com Shootout.
Watch highlights of the versatile 6-7 IU commit in the media player below:
Inside the Hall hit the spring AAU trail in Indianapolis over the weekend for the IndyBall.com Shootout, which featured several IU commits and recruiting targets. Here are notes on prospects in the 2012 class from editor Alex Bozich and recruiting analyst Joe Eberhardt. (Photo credit: Jamie Owens of J. Scott Sports)
Hanner Perea, La Porte La Lumiere, Indiana Elite Team Indiana
- Bozich’s take: The Colombia native was somewhat limited by a sore hamstring, but still managed to display that elite athleticism that is responsible for his rise up the national recruiting rankings. Offensively, he’s far more dangerous at this point hovering around the paint and looking for lobs and putbacks. Playing with a point guard like Ferrell that will drive into the lane and look his way should produce plenty of opportunities for easy buckets. But in order for Perea to become more well-rounded offensive threat, he’ll need to develop a more consistent post game and continue working on his jump shot out to 10 or 12 feet. Defensively, Perea changed a number of shots with his tremendous length.
Jeremy Hollowell, Lawrence Central, Indiana Elite Team Indiana
- Eberhardt’s take: A late addition to the Indiana Elite team, Hollowell didn’t appear to miss a beat. He looked great all weekend long, scoring by knocking down perimeter jump shots and attacking defenders off the dribble. Hollowell looks to have improved his athleticism heading into this weekend, finishing several dunks in traffic and pleasing the crowd with his bounce. He also played a big part in Indiana Elite’s defensive game plan on Gary Harris, helping to hold the fellow 2012 star to just four field goals in the Indiana Elite vs. D3 Pride matchup. This weekend was a solid all-around performance for Hollowell, showing off the versatility that makes him so impressive. As long as Hollowell continues to assert himself, he should be one of the most productive players on the AAU circuit this summer.
Shortly after making a verbal pledge to play at Indiana, 2012 Lawrence Central wing Jeremy Hollowell joined four of his future Hoosier teammates on Indiana Elite Team Indiana.
Inside the Hall caught up with Hollowell after his first game with Indiana Elite and the 6-7 junior talked about building team chemistry, the crowd that showed up at North Central, his relationships with Yogi Ferrell and Hanner Perea and more:
The 2011 spring debut for Indiana Elite Team Indiana was a successful one.
In front of an unusually large crowd for an early AAU event, Hanner Perea, Jeremy Hollowell, Ron Patterson and Yogi Ferrell took the court at North Central for the first time together.
And the four IU commits did not disappoint as Indiana Elite crushed the Hancock County All-Stars, 103-63, in a pool play game of the IndyBall.com Shootout.
Ferrell caught fire from the perimeter and led the way with 29 points. Hollowell, who committed to IU a little over two weeks ago, added 13 and Perea and Patterson each pitched in 12 points. Peter Jurkin did not travel to Indianapolis for the tournament.
Here are a few HD quality highlights from the win: (Note: You can expand the video to full screen by using the arrows in the bottom right hand corner of the video player):