Behind a late scoring barrage from Christian Watford and Jordan Hulls, Indiana surged to defeat Purdue, 116-113 in the second annual alumni game between the schools at IUPUI on Saturday night.
You can view final stats from the game at this link and check out 30 photos from Jamie Owens from the event in the embedded photo gallery after the jump. You can purchase prints from various Indiana games and other events from JScottSports.com.
VICE Sports is producing a four-part series on Orlando Magic and former IU guard Victor Oladipo and the first installment, which was published this week, goes back to Maryland with Oladipo.
In the first part of the series, Oladipo, an NBA All-Rookie first team selection last season, opens up about his past and discusses his future:
Less than a week remains until the 2014 NBA draft and earlier this afternoon, ThePostgame.com released a new video feature on Big Ten freshman of the year Noah Vonleh, which is available below:
Orlando Magic rookie and former Indiana All-American Victor Oladipo sits down with IUHoosiers.com to recap his rookie season and also talk about his time at Indiana. Video via IUAthletics on YouTube:
Indiana picked up a surprise commitment on Saturday when Richland Hills (Tex.) forward Tim Priller joined the 2014 recruiting class.
Here’s a look at some video of Priller from his senior season at Richland Hills, where he averaged 17.8 points. Video via JdEddings on YouTube:
Indiana basketball players Yogi Ferrell and Stanford Robinson were arrested early Friday morning by the Indiana State excise police and preliminarily charged with minor consumption of an alcoholic beverage and possession of a false identification.
Here’s the full release issued by the Indiana State excise police:
Indiana State Excise Police officers arrested two members of the Indiana University Men’s Basketball team early this morning. Kevin D. Ferrell, 20, of Indianapolis, and Stanford B. Robinson, 18, of Landover, Maryland, were each preliminarily charged with Minor Consumption of an Alcoholic Beverage and Possession of a False Identification.
At approximately 1:00 am, Ferrell and Robinson allegedly attempted to enter Kilroy’s Sports Bar located at 319 North Walnut using false identifications. Indiana State Excise Police officers working inside the premise recognized the identifications to be false at that time.
Ferrell and Robinson were each issued summonses and released. The two will be required to appear in Monroe County Court on Sunday, April 27th at 8:30 am.
Around the Hall is recommended reading from the Inside the Hall staff.
· Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com writes that Indiana’s guard play will be very good next season.
· Indiana is adding the top two shooters in the country to its roster next season according to Evan Daniels.
· Rick Bozich of WDRB.com calls Kenny Johnson a “five-star” hire for the University of Louisville. He also writes that Tom Crean must respond to Rick Pitino’s shrewd move.
· Tom Dienhart of BTN.com hands out his final grades for Big Ten teams last season.
· Cody Zeller checks in with another Rookie Diary for SI.com and discusses facing the Miami Heat in the NBA playoffs.
· Michigan sophomore center Mitch McGary is headed to the NBA draft after failing a drug test in the NCAA tournament.
· C.L. Brown of ESPN.com examines the Big Ten in the World Wide Leader’s “Look back, look ahead” series.
· Victor Oladipo recaps his rookie season with the Orlando Magic.
· ESPN NBA draft analyst Chad Ford believes Noah Vonleh is “the one guy that could jump into the top four.”
· UMHoops.com examines Michigan’s frontcourt next season, which is young following the losses of Jordan Morgan, Jon Horford and McGary.
(Photo credit: McDonald’s All-American game)