2013 IU commit Luke Fischer and targets Hyron Edwards, Trevon Bluiett, Theo Pinson, Noah Vonleh, Cliff Alexander and Jarred Reuter competed in the adidas Nations training camp in Chicago over the weekend.
The event was closed to the public and media and was the final of three training camps leading up to the adidas Nations Global Experience that runs from August 2-6 in Los Angeles.
Pinson, the No. 13 player in the 2014 class according to ESPN.com, took an unofficial visit to Bloomington on Friday before heading to Chicago.
2014 commit James Blackmon Jr., who continues to rehab from a torn ACL, and his younger brother Vijay, a class of 2016 guard, also took unofficial visits on Friday.
Lyle, Russell impressive in Nike Elite 100 Camp
A pair of 2014 prospects with Indiana offers — Jaquan Lyle and D’Angelo Russell — both had solid showings at the Nike Elite 100 Camp in St. Louis. Lyle was listed among the top point guards in the camp by Evan Daniels of Scout.com ($).
Russell, meanwhile, had a record setting performance:
D’Angelo Russell had an all-time Elite 100 high of 41 points during one game this weekend.
— Evan Daniels (@EvanDanielsFOX) June 10, 2012
NBPA Top 100 High School Camp tips off this week
The annual NBPA Top 100 High School Camp begins tomorrow in Charlottesville, Virginia on the campus of the University of Virginia and commit Stanford Robinson along several prospects who are recruiting priorities for IU will be participating.
Among them: BeeJay Anya, Marcus Lee, Semi Ojeleye, Alexander, Russell, Lyle and Vonleh.
Inside the Hall will cover this event for the second straight year.
2012 USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National Team to begin training
Anya, Pinson and 2014 point guard Tyus Jones will be in Colorado Springs, Colorado beginning Friday to train for the 2012 USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National Team.
2014 commit Trey Lyles withdrew from the USA Basketball Men’s Developmental National Team to compete with the Canadian Junior National Team, which will play in the 2012 FIBA Americas U18 Championship in Brazil from June 16-20.
Final Nike EYBL Stats
The final of four Nike Elite Youth Basketball League (EYBL) sessions wrapped up on Memorial Day weekend, but final statistics were released over the weekend and here’s a rundown of how all of the prospects with IU ties fared:
· Lyle, Spiece Indy Heat (20 games): 8.3 ppg (52.6 FG%, 37.5 3PFG%, 74.3 FT%), 3.9 apg, 3.4 rpg, 15 steals, 43 turnovers and eight blocks in 24.4 minutes per game.
· Bluiett, Spiece Indy Heat (20 games): 16.5 ppg (51.5 FG%, 48.1 3PFG%, 73.2 FT%), 3.5 rpg, 1.5 apg, 15 steals, 19 turnovers and five blocks in 24.4 minutes per game.
· Lyles, Spiece Indy Heat (19 games): 12.7 ppg (45.6 FG%, 34.8 3PFG%, 61.3 FT%), 7.5 rpg, 1.5 apg, 19 blocks, 10 steals and 26 turnovers in 24.2 minutes per game.
· Anya, Team Takeover (19 games): 8.1 ppg (48.3 FG%, 50.0 FT%), 4.3 rpg, 42 blocks, 39 turnovers and four steals in 19.6 minutes per game.
· Robinson, Team Takeover (15 games): 12.3 ppg (50.0 FG%, 36.7 3PFG%, 77.8 FT%), 3.2 rpg, 19 assists, 13 steals, 28 turnovers and three blocks in 24.4 minutes per game.
· Lee, California Supreme (20 games): 8.5 ppg (56.9 FG%, 57.6 FT%), 5.0 rpg, 41 blocks, 20 assists, 20 steals and 30 turnovers in 20.0 minutes per game.
· Ojeleye, Mokan Elite (19 games): 16.0 ppg (44.8 FG%, 31.4 3PFG%, 78.4 FT%), 5.6 rpg, 28 assists, 13 steals, 23 turnovers and five blocks in 22.5 minutes per game.
· Pinson, CP3 All-Stars (19 games): 14.8 ppg (50.3 FG%, 32.2 3PFG%, 80.9 FT%), 4.3 rpg, 44 assists, 24 steals, 34 turnovers and six blocks in 21.3 minutes per game.
· Jones, Howard Pulley (14 games): 18.0 ppg (50.6 FG%, 25.0 3PFG%, 76.9 FT%), 5.7 apg, 3.4 rpg, 25 steals, 29 turnovers and two blocks in 26.6 minutes per game.